Please excuse this post in advance. Hopefully it doesn't come across as one big huge whine. But I really do feel like having a slight temper tantrum right now.
First things first, being pregnant and having a toddler is hard. HARD. Especially when your body is begging you to lay down and rest, and your cute as a button toddler is begging you to play. Never in my life could I ever have imagined that I could be this tired. Makes the newborn phase seem like a cake walk. I know it will be totally worth it in the end, and I'm happy that being pregnant and being a mom to a toddler is the reason that I am tired. But I never would have thought it would be as tough as it is.
Having an appetite that is absolutely, 100% insatiable is frustrating. Yesterday my husband cooked us a late lunch. As soon as I finished eating, my stomach felt like it was going to crawl out of my chest. Have you ever been too busy to eat, and then realized how hungry you were, only you weren't hungry, but you were famished? Yeah, well that's how I felt AFTER I had already eaten. I had to get another plate, and I was still hungry, so I drank a huge glass of water and finally felt somewhat full. That happens every day. I have noticed that if I drink a ton of water while I'm eating, it isn't as bad. But then I'm hungry again shortly after I eat.
Never before would I have imagined that giving birth makes you invincible, at least in the eyes of your spouse. My husband was so caring and thoughtful when I was pregnant with Yorlee. This time around, not so much. I can be carrying Yorlee, my purse, her daycare bag, my keys, and lunch bag, and he will just say, "Have a good day, see you later!" However, if I would have had one bag in my hand when I was pregnant with Yorlee, he would have jumped up to help. I don't get it. I've explained to him that I need more help now than I did then, but I don't think I'm making a breakthrough.
Also, I never thought that being pregnant with your second child could cause you to feel as though you were cheating on your first child. Oh, the mommy guilt! I think it is because I know how much her life is going to change, but she has no clue. After reading some comments, I thought that maybe she did understand that I have a baby in my belly, so I asked her, "Does mommy have a baby in her belly?" And she said, "No!" And now when I ask her where is the baby, she points to random places such as the garbage, her pack and play, her foot, and Daddy's nose. If she does understand, she sure is fooling me!
Did you know that water can cause extremely painful heartburn? No? Oh well, let me tell you, it can. So can breathing. I've had such bad heartburn this time around. Goodness gracious! And from the most simple things.
Please don't take any of the things that I mentioned to mean that I'm not grateful that I'm pregnant or have children. That definitely isn't the case. I'm extremely grateful, however, pregnancy can be hard.
2 comments:
there is SO much of this I went thru too! Hang in there, this shiz is hard!
I won't pretend to know what you're going through, but pregnancy is HARD so I can only imagine what you must be feeling as a mom of an active toddler and being pregnant. Hang in there!
Post a Comment