The other day I was cleaning out Yorlee's dresser, taking out all of the clothes that are too small, and replacing items with larger sizes, when I stumbled across one of her newborn onesies. My heart skipped a beat, and I got that warm fuzzy feeling all over. I held it up for a couple minutes, and then folded it back neatly, but I couldn't bring myself to put it in the bag with all of the other items that she outgrew. Because.....
I want another baby.
(No, I'm not pregnant.)
I miss the newborn stage. The soft newborn wrinkles, the tiny lips, that soft cry, tiny diapers. I miss it all.
Are we ready for another bambino? Absolutely not. Do I want to allow Yorlee to take full advantage of being the baby? Absolutely!
We've been toying with the idea, and the verdict is that we will wait until she is a year old to discuss it.
I would love to work out a way that I could stay home if we were to have another baby. The cost of daycare alone, for two children would be over $1000 a month.
Deep down inside, I know that having two children will be difficult. More difficult than I could ever imagine. And I'm not quite sure that I'm ready for that. There are still goals that I would like to accomplish before we extend our family. But the desire remains. My main concern is that my husband and I make the best decision for our family. So if we need to wait for awhile so that we can get things in order, that's what we'll do.
In the meantime, I guess I'll just keep looking at those tiny onesies....
3 comments:
OMG, I want another one already too! What's funny is, when somebody asked me this when Aryana was like 2 months old, I said NO way, I don't even know if I want another one at all! Now, she is in such a fun stage, and I wouldn't be disappointed if I got pregnant, but don't think my husband is ready yet!!
You'll know when the time is right!
You know what I always say? Once you even think about it, boom-bam, next thing you know, there is another baby on the way!
wow, I'm thinking the same thinking, I want another one, Loui is only 9 months old, but I do have that feeling that I want the NB onsies and the NB diapers :) My husband and I are also waiting until Loui is at least a year and three months old (his idea of course) but between u and I, if I found out I'm pregnant now I won't be upset :) good luck making the decision...
Post a Comment