Yorlee did much better at bedtime last night. I was asleep when my husband put her in her crib, and woke up to her crying. He was in the restroom, so I went into her room to pick her up, since I didn't know why she was crying. I assumed that she was hungry, so I went to make her a bottle. By that time my husband came out of the restroom and said that he had just fed her, and that she was tired and to put her back in her crib.
I put her in, popped her paci in her mouth, and rubbed her belly. She whined for a bit, once she calmed, I backed away, slowly inching out of the room. As soon as I hit the door she started crying again. By the time I crossed the living room to make it to my bedroom, she was quiet. I waited. A few minutes later I heard a small cry, and then it was quiet again. She fell asleep in less than five minutes. So much progress!
I'm happy to say that she slept all through the night again, and doesn't use her pacifier. She sucked on it when I gave it to her, but once she started crying she spit it out and didn't think twice about it.
Yay for progress!!
One thing I've noticed is that she flips over and sleeps on her belly. I'm fine with that, but she practices crawling in the middle of the night, and somehow manuevers herself into the corner of her crib, and that causes her Angelcare Monitor to go off. It woke me up in the at around 3:00AM so I rushed in to check on her and she was fine. I ended up turning it off. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I'd be brave enough to do that. But I did, and she's fine. Thanks goodness!!
2 comments:
Sleeping through the night is exciting and worth celebrating! Glad things are going well. Your daughter is just precious! I love all the pictures of her. She is sooo beautiful! :)
Yahoo! You will all be much happier because of this.
I know what you mean about "freaking out" when they turn on their tummies. The first time Ariana did it my mind understood that she obviously preferred her stomach, I know I do, but my heart was screaming, "Ahhhhh!!!!!!"
Post a Comment