Pages

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

The Adventures of Yorlee Belle

Yorlee is so fun!  It amazes me how much she changes every day.  Her personality is shining through!


Lately, she has been having a ball using my husband and I as her personal jungle gym.  She climbs all over us, stepping on our faces, her little elbows flying everywhere.  She wants to crawl so desperately, but still hasn't quite got the coordination to do so.

She pulls up on us, can go from sitting to the crawling position.  Rolls, bounces, etc.

It is only a matter of time before she is walking.

I'll add her stats soon, she has her 6 month appointment on Thursday.

Weaning has been going well so far.  I can tell she is still interested, but she doesn't fuss about it.  Honestly, she's taking it better than I am.  I've been pretty sore while waiting to dry up, and I really miss the bonding that nursing gave.  But, I've noticed a positive change in Yorlee, she doesn't seem a clingy, and my husband is able to soothe her much easier now.  Her face completely cleared up, and her diaper rash is gone as well.  Now we are just left with a little bit of eczema, which I treat twice a day.

It broke my heart to see her skin with rashes over it.  The products that contain hidden dairy are so numerous.  In this instance, I'm so grateful to have formula.  It has really helped keep my daughter healthy.  I'm also proud of myself for doing the best I could.  Hopefully she outgrows her dairy allergy, but if not, we will mange.

1 comment:

De Su Mama said...

What a doll face you have there! My daughter had a bit of eczema right next to her mouth and went away after we weaned also. I used California Baby's Calendula Ointment on it {not the lotion, although we use that too} and it helped SO much!