I still have very thin edges, but I know that in time they will grow back. The shedding has come to an end, so now I'm trying to retain the growth and protect my hair from the elements. I've been wearing protective styles, and limiting combing/brushing/heat, and it seems to be going well. My goal length would be close to waist length. I'm currently at arm pit length. The hardest part has been trying to find a regimen that fits my hair type/curl pattern. My curls shrink tremendously when wet, and I tend to lose patience early on during the detangling/styling process. It is important for me to come to really know how to care for my hair, as I also need to care for Yorlee's hair.
This is where I'm at now:
(My hair was straightened in this picture)
(My hair was straightened in this picture)

3 comments:
Kudos to you girl for sticking to natural and healthy remedies. You have lovely hair, keep up the great work :).
Glad your hair is getting stronger. My hair shed so much after Ariana was born that I ended up with 2 bald spots on either side of the front of my head. I'm a little jealous that your hair looks so good and is so long. lol
Congrats on the decision to be perm free! I've got a few posts on the subject, you'd like to see what I've been up to.
I'm currently 1 year natural and loving it!!
Post a Comment